- Do I need a separate merchant account with Dwolla?
- What More Actions mean on my customers Statement Details?
In order to get the most accurate reporting from ItsPayd, we have a few ways to mark your statements, as shown below. **Please note that this does not apply to users who are connected via API or QuickBooks.
On your customers Statement Details, click More Actions.
This is the drop down that appears when you click More Actions. Described below is what each of the options means.
Enter Payment... is where you, as the merchant, go to mark any payments that were paid directly to you by your customer. If your customer pays in full, enter the total balance, marking that statement as resolved, and stopping any further commincations from being sent out to your customers.
If a partial payment is made, enter the amount paid, and the balance will be adjusted accordingly in the system. This will not stop the communications from being sent out.
Adjust Balance... is where you go to make an adjustment to the total balance of your customers statement. Whether you made an error in the dollar amount your customer owes you, or they have a recurring fee that is added to their account, you can go in and add or subtract a dollar amount from their total balance. This will adjust their statements accordingly.
If you have to adjust the balance of a customer on a current payment plan, you have to click More Actions, then click Stop Payment Plan, before you can follow the previous steps.
Set as Closed or Unresolvable is what you will click after all communications have been sent out to your customers and you have decided that you know longer want to communcate with that customer via ItsPayd. e.g. you might mark an acocunt as closed or unresolvable if your customer is clearly reading your messages, but not paying. At this point, you might want to send your unresponsive customer to collections.
Set as Cancelled is a feature you will click if the customer had sent you payment in the mail before your notifications were sent to them. Cancelled can be used if the customers account was loaded to ItsPayd as a mistake.
- How do I tell ItsPayd that a customer paid me directly?
If your customer pays you directly after being notified by ItsPayd, you (the merchant) have to manually update the system telling it that your customer has paid. **Please note that this does not apply to users who are connected via API or QuickBooks.
Go to your customers' specific statement which is shown below.
Click "More Actions". When the drop down appears (shown below), click "Enter Payment...".
Enter the total payment, click "Enter Payment".
The following will appear at the top of your Statement Details and you will have successfully marked a payment as resolved.
- What is the Merchant Login?
The merchant login is where ItsPayd customers go to handle their ItsPayd account. Customers can access their user settings where they can update their company profile, edit their accepted form of payments, or edit their messaging and payment plans. Among many other things, this is where the merchant goes to handle anything related to ItsPayd.
- Do I need a separate merchant account with Braintree?
- How many employees can have access to ItsPayd functions through the merchant login?
The platform is designed for your Accounts Receivable department. Specifically Credit Managers & their ability to analyze past due accounts with customers needing to be sent to collections. The login information used is for the business utilizing the platform; essentially, any person needing to access this program will be able to.
- How long does it take for my company to receive payment?
The payments processed through ItsPayd are done instantly and directly deposited into your account, however, depending on which financial institution your company utilizes it can take up to 48-96 hours for a payment to fully process.
Your payments are processed at Braintree and/or Dwolla and automatically deposited into the bank account set up in your merchant profile. ItsPayd does not keep credit cards on file. Visit Braintree and/or Dwolla for more information on how each provider secures your customers information.
- How will the transaction appear on my customers' Credit Card statement?
- Do I incur any fees if my customer pays directly to the business after ItsPayd communications are sent out?
- In what ways does the customer have to access their invoice(s)?
Both parties have control over when a bill is paid. If a customer wishes to logon and access or pay their bill, they can do so under the Pay an Invoice tab and input the invoice number, resulting in a payment. However, they will not have access to an invoice code unless an invoice has been sent at least once to the customer.
- Is there an age limit on accounts I place in ItsPayd?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- Can ItsPayd work with Quickbooks or other similar processors?
- If I cancel my monthly plan what happens to the files in my account?
- Why are automatic payment plans discontinued when an invoice is updated in Quickbooks?
Any time the balance of an invoice changes, the payment amounts that a user will have to make to resolve their invoice have to be recalculated. It is important that the end-user is aware of the payment amounts that they are agreeing to pay, so by requiring them to re-enter their details we are getting their consent to be billed for the agreed upon amounts.
- What happens when a payment is entered into Quickbooks for an invoice currently active in ItsPayd?
- What happens when an invoice is deleted in Quickbooks?
- What happens when an invoice is voided in Quickbooks?
- What happens when the balance of an invoice is changed in Quickbooks?
- What is used as the "Statement Date" in ItsPayd?
- What happens if I try to upload more files then my plan allows?